Disagreements between publishers and developers happen all the time. But what happens when a developer gets completely cut out of their game? The inability to update, fix code, or offer support has been wiped off the table as far as Digerati and Merge Games are concerned. With their newest title fighting to stay on platforms, it wasn’t designed for.
The Outbound Ghost has been removed from Steam. Nintendo and other platforms as the fight between Developer Conradical Games and the Publishers; Merge Games and Digerati.
See below direct quotes from Conradical Twitter
”Regarding the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 release of The Outbound Ghost.
I am so incredibly disappointed and I will do everything in my power to do what’s right.
For now, if you want to play the game, the Steam version is the one that I have approved.
Beyond that, users are flooding Conradical Games discord demanding a refund because of the issues with the game.
To be left in the dark after creating something your community had been waiting for all year is disappointing, to say the least.
See below the concerns from Conrad:
- Yeah definitely, not sure what’s going on there since I’m quite in the dark, but it looks like the languages aren’t even there for some reason2
- [5:31 PM]My publisher told me it’d be there on day 1 but I guess it’s not even there on day 7 (this is referring to the switch)
- [5:31 PM] I also noticed that for whatever reason, the PlayStation versions have the Nintendo switch graphics configurations
- [5:31 PM]so the game should look far better than it does
- [5:31 PM]should look even better than PC on all max settings, but it’s looking like PC on all low/lowest settings
- [5:31 PM](again, i had no involvement in this, don’t have any access to the ports)
As of now, no version of the game actually is going through Conradical Games. This brings the question to mind, do I play it and enjoy what I’ve been waiting for, or do I put my foot down about these Publishers going nuts on small Developers?!
Currently, the only version that is approved by Conradical Games’ Conrad, is the Steam version.
Owner and Event Coordinator of ViBE The Nook.
Part-Time Streamer, Video Content Creator, and Writer.